Saturday, November 17, 2012

End of a challenge

Well after a month of seeing if I could stick to a "food stamp budget", I did not fully succeed. I was over by $75-but that includes eating out and Food Stamps can't be used in a restaurant so maybe I did :). I didn't put full effort into my challenge and if I would have planned a little better I could have done it easily. I did not buy all generics and I wasn't organized enough to use coupons and this month my work and running my kids schedule did not support trips to Aldis-if I wasn't working this would be a NO brainier! What I did learn is you CAN eat healthy on a budget. You can get enough fruits and vegetables and whole grains-and lean proteins, You CAN'T buy junk food if you want to succeed! I will definitely use this as I help my patients try to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment